Annual October Conference
Stay tuned for more webinars to come and information about our annual fall conference!
If you would like to be our next presenter, click here for more information.
NECLP's Annual March Child Life Event
"The World is Full of Cactus, but We Don't Have to Sit on It"
Speaker: Susan Keane Baker MHA
Life doesn't always go the way we want it to. Whether it is an encounter with a stressful situation, a difficult day or an unwanted change, the cactus in our lives can take a toll. Got cactus? Attend this program to learn how to dust yourself off and maintain a positive outlook - whatever life brings your way.
Discussion will include:
* How to prevent escalation of difficult situations.
* How to respond more confidently in conflict situations.
* Self-assess behaviors you could use to reduce the number of difficult encounters.
* The secret to loving your job... and your life (really).
* Using empathy and tact, even when under pressure.
Live Zoom Webinar
Thursday March 25th, 2021
NECLP Update: 6:45 p.m.
Speaking Program: 7-8:30 p.m.
Fee: $10 Professional and Student Non-Members
Free for current NECLP, INC members
After reviewing the interest survey, the NECLP board has decided to make our anual conference a 1 day virtual conference to be held Monday, October 18, 2021! SAVE THE DATE! More information to come but we hope you'll join us!
"An Imposter in the Child Life Department"
Speaker: Sarah Framarin, M.Ed., CCLS, CTRS
This webinar presentation will provide a brief education of the impostor phenomenon. The phenomenon and its impact on child life specialists, managers and academicians will be discussed. Attendees will be offered concrete suggestions for dealing with impostor feelings in their work.
* Participants will be able to define the Impostor Phenomenon (IP).
* Participants will learn to identify impostor characteristics and their impact on the work of child life specialists.
* Participants will develop strategies for combating impostor feelings.
Live Zoom Webinar
Wednesday February 24th, 2021
Event is at capacity.